Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My new parka cover

A month ago I decided to make a new parka cover for my parka. My parka was just a plain blue one that me and my mom made December of 2009. We made matching ones for my girls, mom, and my sister-in-law Sadie.


This is my daughter Nancy wearing her parka during piurgata. Sorry for the miss spelling. So my parka looked like this before I made the new cover. I was so undecided on a new color until Lucy's fabric shop opened up after a years of being closed. I walked in and looked around and found a beautiful light teal fabric. I couldn't find it at the fur shop or online. I had to buy it! It was kivgiq time too, so if I didn't buy it I knew it would soon be gone. I decided to do real kupak work on it instead of applique, even though I had very little experience. This was my second try on kupaks.


I also lucked out on the matching teal bias tape at Lucy's Fabric. There were only two packages left, which was just enough to finish my project. Here is a picture of my new parka cover. I had different fur I was going to put on it, but my brother Wendell and sis Sadie Blessed me with a new dark silver fox pelt! I give the all my credit to the Lord for the wonderful gift of sewing he's given me!



2 comments:

  1. Your are stunning in this pictue.. my goodness the parkie is beautiful!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your designs and work look so beautiful! I still have my parky and kuspuk from when I was a girl. My Mom used to make them, but she doesn't anymore. Now that I am following your site and sharing with friends and family, I need to get my measurements so I can have one made for me!

    ReplyDelete