Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Summer's fancy parka

I know it seems like I'm going backwards in my posts, but thats ok. Things keep coming to mind about sewing from the past. I am writing about Summer's fancy parka because that's where my sewing all started. My aunt Annaqaq Brower got me into sewing. My mom and my aaka helped me start too. In the beginning I had no idea how to do anything, but thats another story. I decided to choose white spotted rabbit for her parka because it was rare that people made fancy parka's with them and my late sister Nancy had the same kind. Her parka was made by the late Mary Saganna of Barrow.


I think the night before the contest me, my mom, and Annaqaq stayed up all night and sewed until we reached the contest! Even though she didn't win, I was just happy that she got to compete! I was only starting out.


The next year I entered her in again and added more to her parka. I added more kupaks, and wolverine tassels.

This time she won second place:) We also stayed up all night once again finishing the last touches up until the contest. Now a days, I plan ahead so I can sleep! I've also added to her parka so it can still fit her. Here is the final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment