Sunday, March 20, 2011

Where do I come from?

Lately I've been thinking about where I came from because I never really looked in to it. I know that I am Inupiaq, but there are still somethings missing from the ratio on my ASRC card. Do you ever wonder what the other missing ratio is? On my ASRC card I am 9/16 Inupiaq. So, I decided to visit my dad this weekend and finally ask him about our background. My dad said that my greatgrandfather Charles D. Brower came from New York, but he was part German, and Dutch. I'm very happy that I got to sit down with my dad and talk to him about it. I'm Inupiaq, German, and Dutch so far! It's pretty awesome to find out because now I can fill in the info for my children. From my husbands side our children are Inupiaq, Irish, and Portugese. All together, my children are Inupiaq, Irish, Portugese, German, and Dutch! Pretty interesting if you ask me! Thanks Dad, you are my hero!


Pictured here is my late grandfather Arnold Brower Sr. on the right, and on the left is my late great-grandfather Charles D. Brower, King of the Arctic.

No comments:

Post a Comment